Don't Go To Court Without Us
Dealing With A Revoked Or Suspended License?
Having your license revoked or suspended can have consequences that can affect more than your ability to drive. Your insurance rates may increase significantly. You may be facing a criminal charge in addition to the civil matter of your driver’s license. You may be unable to get to work and lose your job. There is a lot at stake.
A Defense Lawyer Who Understands The System
At the law office of Anthony M. Salerno, P.C., we defend people against motor vehicle offenses, including charges that may result in the suspension or revocation of their driver’s licenses. A former Massachusetts State Police trooper and a criminal defense lawyer for 25 years, attorney Salerno served in motor vehicle enforcement for several years. There are many lawyers in Worcester County; when you select one who understands how the system works from personal experience, you are giving yourself an edge.
A license suspension can be either criminal or civil. If you are convicted of criminal offenses, such as these, you face automatic suspension or revocation of your driver’s license:
- Some drug offenses
- Negligent operation of a motor vehicle
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Driving without insurance
- Driving without a license or driving with a suspended license
- Unauthorized use (theft) of a motor vehicle
- Vehicular homicide
- Failure to register as a sex offender
It is sometimes possible to obtain a hardship license, also known as a Cinderella license, even after conviction of one of these offenses. Our lawyer knows Massachusetts licensing and motor vehicle laws thoroughly and can advise you about your options.
Civil License Suspension Or Revocation
The Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) can revoke or suspend your license for:
- Three speeding tickets within a 12-month period
- Five or seven moving violations within a three-year period
- Being adjudicated a habitual traffic offender
- Junior driver and permit holder offenses
- Failure to pay child support
- Immediate threat classification
It is extremely important to pay attention to the tickets you accumulate and to have the right lawyer to fight each one. Even a minor offense can cause you serious difficulties later on.
Call A Former State Trooper
Download Our Free Mobile App
- BAC Calculator
- Know Your Rights Hot Button