Worcester OUI First Offense Attorney
Massachusetts DUI First Offense Lawyer
An OUI (operating under the influence, also known as DUI or drunk driving) charge is often the first and only criminal charge an individual will ever face. As a result, people often have no understanding of the legal process or the possible consequences of conviction. They may believe that they have no options other than to plead guilty to the charge. This can be a big — and unnecessary — mistake.
Penalties for OUI Conviction Are Harsh
At the law office of Anthony M. Salerno, P.C., our lawyer urges people facing their first OUI charge to always consult an attorney before pleading to anything. There are consequences to even a first-time OUI. You could be sentenced to jail time, pay a minimum fine of $500 and lose your driver's license for one year. If you are under 21, the penalties increase, as they do if you refused to take the breath test administered by the police. Even a first-time OUI can leave you with a permanent police record.
OUI Defense Strategies
Our lawyer knows how to successfully fight drunk driving charges using defense strategies such as:
- The police officer had no probable cause to stop your car
- The officer did not read you your Miranda rights and the implied consent warning
- The officer was not properly trained to administer the breath and field sobriety tests
- The breathalyzer was not properly calibrated
- The blood sample was contaminated or handled incorrectly
- The police officer used the results of the field sobriety tests even though the driver was disabled, over 65, significantly overweight or had other issues as to why the test was inappropriate
State Trooper on Your Side
Our attorney is a former Massachusetts state trooper with 25 years of experience as a criminal defense attorney. His experience on both sides of OUI cases is invaluable to clients; he can anticipate how a judge or prosecutor might respond. Our attorney has the real experience, knowledge and determination needed to pursue this goal. However, if you are convicted, he can help you obtain a hardship license so that you can drive to work or school.
Call a Worcester OUI First Offense Lawyer
Contact the Worcester law office of Anthony M. Salerno, P.C., toll free at 508-795-1200 as soon as possible after a drunk driving arrest to get started on your defense.
Available Live 24/7 — Store Our Number in Your Cell Phone Now Under Lawyer: Salerno, 508-795-1200